Monday 14 November 2011

Oh how i get lost.....

Hey all,
i know the title might seem a little vague to say the least haha!
Obviously its with regards to my love for all things art and music, all though you might say they are the same thing and i would agree in many ways.

I got in from work tonight, did my hour and half workout and then played some guitar for a couple hours. After noodling over random backing tracks on YouTube i got lost within myself, it often tends to happen.
I forget everything else around me and then just let my inner music express itself freely, i honestly don't think i could be distracted in any way and if i were it might kill me (almost like sleep walking or something lol)

I actually realised I've been involved with music for almost 20 years now, its been a 20 year obsession too i can openly admit to that.
Its just crazy how i can listen to anything and feel a connection, say Jacqueline du Pré for example (who I'm listening to right now)
I love classical amongst many other genres of music out there, i just find it amazing how music that couldn't be further away from your own can still have a huge influence on you.
I put all of it down to the strength of your ears, not in a literal sense though ( like a Guinness world record attempt for dumbbells hanging from ones ear lobes lol)
Just how music translates to your brain when you hear it, some people might listen to the words, some might listen to the drums only, some might listen to the piano....
Just what grabs you when you hear it being played in whatever form, its something that your ears train themselves to do as you grow up listening.
Even sat here listening to Jacqueline du Pré i feel things absorb through me, not just the music, expression and feeling but also its timbre and tonal qualities.
Comes in handy when you a producer as well as a composer/musician, well... without getting too deep i guess what I'm trying to explain is the way music lifts and excites me when i hear it (like it has tonight and all days/nights over the last 20 years).
I'm not saying its a unique feeling and that you need to be a Painter, music producer, composer to feel this way, its just fascinating how universal it all is and we can all relate to it on a universal level.
Regardless of all the negativity in the world they produce a positive outcome, even if it what is being expressed is dark or aggressive.

Anyways... I'm rambling haha,

Sraight from playing my electric guitar to you, just a few random thoughts, im feeling great about some new music I'm working on too but i will save that for another post hehe!

Truth is, I'm in love with music and forever will be,


The impact its had on me and my life is beyond words, but not beyond the music.





I hope everyone is safe and well,



Peace and Love as always,




Lucky :-D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment